PARKERS SOLICITORS LIMITED COMPLAINTS HANDLING PROCEDURE
Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our Clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 3 days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to one of our Client Care Officers (Julian Pegna or Julia Cartwright) who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. Either Julian Pegna or Julia Cartwright will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. This will be done within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within 7 days of the meeting, we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, either Julian Pegna or Julia Cartwright will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the LCS must usually be made within 6 months of the date of our final decision on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the LCS (Helpline number: 0300 555 0333) or refer to their website at http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
Path = Parkerssolicitorslimited/admin/PSL p9 practice & compliance – general/complaints/complaintshandlingprocedure – Nov 2017